Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The Joys of Poached Pears with Cardamon Custard

 Poached Pears with Cardamon Custard
So today was an interesting day after packing yet another five boxes and stressing out over what stays or goes I decided I needed a little kitchen therapy. I opened the fridge and like old mother Hubbard I discovered the fridge was bare and headed off to the store in search of heavy cream and whole milk.
As I perused the aisles examining their food stuff and in my head thinking of what it was that I wanted to make when I happened upon Bosc pears and it occurred to me what to make.
I had recently received a  fantastic deal on some Cardamon pods when shopping on Ebay from goodplanetproducts2012 waiting for a chance to use them well that chance came as I gathered up my pears, cream and left the store.
This recipe takes a little work but it is well worth the effort of peeling the pears, poaching them, making the custard and finally serving them up for the oohs and ahhs of gratitude from those whom you choose to share them with then again why share???

Poached Pears with Cardamon Custard


Poached Pears

6 pears peeled and cored

1 cup creme de menthe
1 cup water
1 cup creme de cacao
1/2 cup of refined sugar or 1 cup of honey

Directions:
Add all liquid ingredients to pot bring to a boil over medium heat lay pears in boiling liquid turning every 10 minutes to cook evenly.

Cardamon Custard

7 egg yolks

2 cups whole milk
2 cups heavy whipping cream
5 cardamon pods chopped in half
1 cup sugar

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In double boiler over medium add all ingredients continuously stirring till liquid begin to thicken
pour into ramekins lay poached pears on top of custard mixture and  place filled cups in a pan of water cook until the custard sets up (about 45 minutes) checking to make sure that it does not bubble or burn once sets up allow to chill in fridge 1 hour or longer

I hope you enjoy this dish here is where you can find the Cardamon or other spices for whatever dish you decide to try Bon appetite !!
goodplanetproducts2012
http://www.ebay.com/itm/200900868382?var=500149344416&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

No comments:

Post a Comment